Wednesday, January 11, 2012

..a random thought

It was a cold rainy winter night,and I was sitting in my room by my window,watching it drizzle outside,as I logged into my account of the most popular website ever created.A lazy song was playing in my computer,kinda perfect for the weather,and while listening to it,a thought came to my mind.

You spend months wanting this one article, saving up for it. All the while you keep gazing at it through the shop window on your way home. On some days you feel bold, and enter the store with whatever money you have. Sometimes the shopkeeper ridicules you, on other days he respects your spirit, pats your back and asks you to try another time. On a few occasions, you get into ugly arguments, you even find out the guy has brought the price down for you but you still can't afford it. You go back depressed every time, but make sure you hide that product behind others so that nobody else buys it.

Before giving up you decide to make one final bid. You think you have enough money this time. But while walking to the store looking confident, you see that other people have already bought the product. Your dream article, one you believe should have been yours first, is now not unique. Then you realise there is an end-of-the-year discount sign outside the store. Do you still want it, you ask yourself. Yes, you say before going ahead tentatively. But what if you still don't have enough money despite this big discount?  

Will that not break you?

As I leave you with this question,I must apologize to my readers for being so irregular during the last one month or so, and promise to be regular from here on in.Cheers. 






2 comments:

  1. this is making me think (not a thing i do usually :P ) really enjoyed reading this

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey,just nominated you for versatile blogger award. check http://iamnotevensure.blogspot.com for more info

    ReplyDelete